CSR International is a Community Interest Company (social enterprise) founded and directed by Dr Wayne Visser in 2008 and launched in London in March 2009 to promote CSR 2.0, an evolved concept of corporate sustainability and responsibility (CSR). Read more about the Founder.
We are a community of professionals, students and enthusiasts who are deeply concerned about the world’s social and environmental problems and profoundly inspired by the potential of business to contribute to the solutions. Read more about the role of business in an Age of Responsibility.
We strive to be an incubator for CSR 2.0 inspired, knowledge-based solutions. CSR 2.0 moves beyond defensive, charitable, promotional and strategic CSR to Transformative CSR (also called systemic or radical CSR), based on the principles of creativity, scalability, responsiveness, glocality and circularity. Read more about CSR 2.0.
We provide leading-edge content to advance progressive CSR thinking and practice by summarising the best research and content (see our Research and Book Review Digests) and sharing challenging opinions of our Founder, Dr Wayne Visser, and CSR International interns (see our Blog).
Our members are corporate sustainability & responsibility (CSR) professionals, students and enthusiasts from business, government, academia and civil society. Free membership gives access to our members-only content (downloads, etc.) and other benefits. Read more about Joining.
We engage in periodic research-related projects, including compiling The World Guide to CSR, an analysis of Corporate Sustainability and Responsibility in 5 regions and 58 countries, and compiling the new CSR 2.0 Index.
Downloads like these listed below (and many more) are free for Members. Read more about Joining.
- The Ages and Stages of CSR: Towards the Future with CSR 2.0, by Wayne Visser, 10 pages. [Download]
- The DNA Model of CSR 2.0: Value Creation, Good Governance, Societal Contribution and Ecological Integrity, by Wayne Visser, 2 pages. [Download]
- The Ages and Stages of CSR: From Defensive to Transformative Corporate Sustainability & Responsibility, by Wayne Visser, 2 pages. [Download]
- The Rise and Fall of CSR: Three Curses of CSR 1.0 and Five Principles of CSR 2.0, by Wayne Visser, 2 pages. [Download]
- The Rise and Fall of CSR: Shapeshifting from CSR 1.0 to CSR 2.0, by Wayne Visser, 8 pages. [Download]
- CSR 2.0: The New Era of Corporate Sustainability and Responsibility, by Wayne Visser, 2 pages. [Download]
- The Long Tail of CSR: Achieving Scalability in Corporate Sustainability and Responsibility, by Wayne Visser, 2 pages. [Download]