CSR International was launched as a Community Interest Company (social enterprise) by Dr Wayne Visser in London in March 2009 to promote knowledge-based solutions inspired by CSR 2.0, an evolved concept of corporate sustainability and responsibility (CSR). Read more about our Passion, Purpose and Approach in Our Story.
CSR 2.0 moves beyond Defensive, Charitable, Promotional and Strategic CSR – theses CSR 1.0 approaches have all failed to reverse negative social, environmental and ethical trends. CSR 2.0, or Transformative CSR is based on the principles of creativity, scalability, responsiveness, glocality and circularity. Read more about CSR 2.0.
Stages of CSR
The CSR 1.0 approaches that have failed us belong to the Ages of Greed, Philanthropy, Marketing and Management. CSR 2.0, by contrast, emerges in an Age of Responsibility, based on the new DNA of Business of value creation, good governance, societal contribution and environmental integrity. Read more about the Ages and Stages of CSR.
Age of Responsibility
In this book by Dr Wayne Visser, subtitled CSR 2.0 and the New DNA of Business and citing over 300 organisations, the Ages and Stages of CSR are explored in detail, as well as the Principles of CSR 2.0 and strategies for change at a societal, organisational and individual level. Read more about The Age of Responsibility.
Downloads like these listed below are free for registered Members. Read more about Registration.
- Summary article (2 pages) on CSR 2.0 - Read
- Summary article (2 pages) on the Rise and Fall of CSR - Read
- Summary article (2 pages) on the Ages and Stages of CSR - Read
- Summary article (2 pages) on the DNA of CSR 2.0 - Read
- Summary article (2 pages) on the Long Tail of CSR - Read
- Research paper (8 pages) on the Rise and Fall of CSR – Read
- Research paper (10 pages) on the Ages and Stages of CSR – Read
These topics are explored in detail, with over 300 cited examples, in The Age of Responsibility: CSR 2.0 and the New DNA of Business. Read more …